Some of the golden rules for refreshing, regenerating sleep and deep rest are:
- Don’t use anything stimulating late in the day – caffeine, tobacco, loud music, horror films.
- Make your bedroom restful – take the tv out so you’re not watching upsetting world news late at night.
- Make your environment peaceful, with mood lighting, candles, burning oil and incense, restful colours, soothing music.
- Build relaxing herb teas, warm baths and soothing massage oils into your routine.
- Give yourself space to relax.
Learn about relaxation. And yes, it is something some of us have to learn. I did.